Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Adventures in Navajo Plying!

I've been wanting to Navajo Ply for some time now.  I like the idea of keeping the colours of your spun yarn together, but it's a scary looking prospect (if you spin, you know what I mean).  So, I bit the bullet on a 100gm braid of fibre from Ixchel Bunny (my Fave!).  With the help of You Tube videos, I took the plunge and this is what I created.  Looks a bit like one of my dodgy early spins, but I guess, like anything,  it takes a bit of practice!



The fibre is Blue Faced Leicester and Silk, and was a joy to spin.  Shame it doesn't look more attractive plied, but maybe when it knits up the knotty look will be hidden?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh it's not that bad ?! :)

    ...at least it was a lush spin in a pretty colourway. I still think knitted up it will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eerr, I think you are being over generous, but yes, it is a pretty colour! ;-)

    ReplyDelete