Monday, April 4, 2011

Jenkins Turkish Spun Camel Silk & Angora Bunny

I make no secret of my love for Jenkins Turkish Spindles.  Really, I adore them.  I spin finer singles on the Jenkins Turkish Delights, and ply on the larger Turkish.  I also tend to save my luxury fibres (especially those with shorter lengths) for spindling, as I feel more in control, plus I love the having the fibre in my hand for longer (it just goes too fast on a wheel).

This fibre is probably my favourite base of all, and is dyed with natural dyes by the wonderful Charly at Ixchel Bunny.  It's a camel/silk/Angora bunny blend and is truly divine.










3 comments:

  1. So neat!! that's a gorgeous spindle, and the handspun looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have 200gm of this stuff, so planning to spin it all up and knit a shawl....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful and squishy soft, it will make a lovely shawl !

    I have a few Goldings spindles and since I got my wheel I haven't used my spindles and before that I loved spindling. You may have inspired me to just use them again as it's such a shame to have them sitting there because they do spin beautifully and a real pleasure to use.

    ReplyDelete